Tuesday, April 6, 2010

post

So I was going to post about how we did the baby's laundry for the first time the other night, but was too tired. It was kinda cool though, going through the clothes and seeing what's what. Guess it's a good once-through so I'm not like "what's he gonna wear?" at the moment he gets home. Then again, given we don't know his exact size and shape and what-have-you, we don't know if he'll be grown out of the newborn stuff before he even gets in it. Have to wait and see. Not too stressed about it.

What I am stressed about is that I'm overloaded with shit to do around here. Hoorah Mom's pregnant and works during the day but christ, does anyone see the amount of shit around here? (Sometimes literal as I'm still on cat doody)

Yes she makes me breakfast on the weekends but otherwise, I'm pretty much on my own for food. Or we eat cookies or some other bullshit that's around here. She made a roast and that turned out good so at least I have that to munch on if I don't feel like cooking, which I haven't. But I've gained just about as much weight as I can possibly handle without feeling like Jabba-the-Hut so I've taken things into my own hands and started exercising and cooking.

Went for my first run last night and it lasted an entire 16 minutes. 2 minutes jog, 2 minutes walk/recover. Today of course I'm sore and was going to try to swim but not sure I have time for that.

I'm still building a closet for Bam. Dude, this kid has more space in this house than I do! I'm so happy that I'm a complete second though in this place as K has two dressers and a closet. I hear this closet isn't functional but when you jam as much crap into as much airspace as possible, I don't care how something is designed, it's going to become non-functional. I've never seen a person have more clothes. The Kardashians would tell her to calm down! But God Forbid I have anything more than a closet and maybe a dressser. It's like there's no room for me in this place and it really hurts my feelings. I've expressed this and the solution is to give me 2 more drawers? There's a reason why all of my crap lives on the living room floor.

I'm really unhappy with the way things just get chucked to the side when I say they're important but if she says something needs to be done, oh shit! Gotta stop whatever's going on....and that isn't just a pregnancy thing but alas, I digress.

All in all, it's been a decent pregnancy in my opinion. I don't have the nauesui that she does. I don't have the swelling and I don't have a X-pound baby sitting on my bladder....what I do have is a wife that needs constant attention (even if she says she doesn't) and I'm pretty much ok with that as I've always been one to rub her feet without asking or turn the sound off the TV if she needs to talk.

Let me get more to the point of what the problem is: I feel alone going into this. It really shouldn't be about my partner. The issue has to start here. So what's the real issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment