Sunday, April 18, 2010

Home - Day 4 - Good Number

Well, Better number 12.5 was his bilirubin number and that's good enough to stay out of the hospital. It wasn't really a worry unless his number happen to go up so today is a day off from poking and prodding from others. We'll just leave it to him to prod himself. Got himself 3 times on his left cheek. (No I won't always be so specific or ridiculous but I'm new to this whole thing so cut me some slack ;)

My main excitement came at the 530am feeding. Calvin Poo'd! It was a good one too. I'm not weighing them but after his 1 oz. bottle of breast milk, I was patting his back as he quietly laid on my bare chest and then it happened; a warm squirt bottle went off on the palm of my right hand, hold his rear up. I instantly smiled as I knew there was a dirty diaper changing in my future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into changing diapers and/or playing with poo-products but since lil'CJ was having issues past the first day with his pooing and peeing, we've been on the look out. He's been crankin' out one a day for the past couple so seeing one early-on meant he hit his quota pre-sunrise!

In other news, last night Mom got another decent amount of sleep as my wish for Calvin came true and he was quiet for most of the night. He really only made noise when I had had enough and had to give him up to mom around 1:45am. I had been holding him for 3 hours and since my right hand had gone numb a few times, I figured it was time for a switch. That, and I couldn't get a hand free to warm any water for his bottle. So I woke Mom and after a pee myself, off to bed I went. Quick 2 1.5 hours but man were they necessary!

All-in-all I got my 6 hours last night and today is a new day. Time to upload some pictures and finish the ^@%$~! swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment