Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home - Day 7 - Wednesday (Roll it back to Tuesday)

While it's technically Thursday, I haven't been to sleep so it's still Wednesday for some of us.

Let's recap then....Tuesday, I went to work for an entire 3 hour shift and about an hour in, K calls to tell me that Calvin is back to going nuts. Ya see, he had an interesting Monday evening. Along with it being his one week anniversary to life, his doodle bell hadn't come off. His circumsincison was done in a new fangold manner that puts this little plastic cap on the tip after the chop. It's supposed to fall off after a week give or take a day, so we were waiting. The waiting became more problematic when CJ decided he'd had enough and wanted to cry it off his body.
This theory of his didn't work and it even came down to waking up the docs in the middle of the night to ask em WTF.

So back to the story, I'm at work and CJ is going nuts. I'm asked to call the doc again but alas, I'm in the middle of instructing 28 other souls Algebra, not exactly my strong suit as it is. I agree to call after school and go back to finishing up what needs to be done with work.

Around 240, I call and Ray (Dr. Coleman) tells me not to worry and that he'll take a look if we want but that puss and yellow is fine and indeed, it will fall off but he'd be happy to rip it off if we'd rather. He snickers as he knows 'rip' wasn't the right word and I tell him that if we need, we'll call before we come.

I'll tell ya the truth, I'm not overly concerned but then again, I'm not the one having to listen to the histerics that CJ has been known to go into. Another thing, if my wang was getting pinched by a piece of plastic, I'm sure I'd have a thing or two to yell and cry about too! So for me not to be scared about the safety of my boy's ability to reproduce later in life, has to say something about what kind of danger he's truly in.

I know I can be wrong but man-to-man, I think I known a bit more about the workings of this equipment and would never let anything bad happen to it or to what it's attached to. There has to be something to a father's interision too. Damn my poor spelling. This thing needs a level of auto-correct. I do miss my apple interface sometimes.

Anyway, so later that evening, after we've spoken to Ray and decided not to head over to the doctors, his pasti-bell falls off and all is well in the world. I'm all for making sure everything is ok and I trust the docs of the office without question but there is also a level of needing to take him just to make my wife feel more secure. She's a bit of a worrier and part of my job as hubby and father, is to take care of my wife's needs. One of her needs is the knowledge that her son is safe and out of harm's way. I may question it but I respect it; meaning there is a level of how far I'll go with an argument for or against something regarding my son.

Let's start with the circumcision itself. I wasn't going to let a party where everyone watches his man-hood get chopped, happen. Not on my watch. Lucky for all, my wife had no argument and this lead to the pasti-bell.

I'll have to get into Wednesday, in the next post. Tuesday was a long enough day, given it started Monday night. -sigh-

No comments:

Post a Comment