Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Call it Tuesday

As it's 1:25am and I'm on 5+ hours for 2+ days, we'll just say it's Tuesday.

Didn't get to see Bammers much the past couple days as I decided to punish myself and work then go to class with a 30 minute nap in between. I guess I should count myself lucky as the girl has had to take on the duty during all the day hours and into the evening. I've been on Bam duty for the majority of the evening but have definitely needed her help in calming him down as he's become quite the screamer.

What I learned is that singing in a calm voice and in a higher pitched tone is the way to go. His favorites has been Twinkle Twinkle and Country Roads, with our go-to being the Tiny Boxes tune with any lyrics you can think of!

Of course, last night I completely blanked on any tune as my brain became as useless as K in a stick-shift (oh no he didn't). I came up with absolutely nothing and wound up just making noises like a hum and praying for him. I hadn't eaten in approximately 10 hours so I just waited patiently and finally laid him down with mom around 3. What happened after that was up to her as again this morning, I was up and out. Whatever.

Somehow I got roped into doing the overnight shift again as it was this or do the 6am feeding. If I'm in bed by 4, I figure I'll pass him along to her after 5 and get some rest. Totally need to since I was surrounded by middle schoolers for two days and I've got the sniffles.

Let's move on from the wah-fest and talk about how he's doing. Other than his own wah-fest, he went to the doctor's Monday and had to be without me so I'm reporting the hear-say. He's gained weight (now 7lbs, 5 oz) from his past 6, 10 about 10 days ago. He's a better color and grown in size but we still have to head back to the hospital tomorrow (Wednesday) to make sure the bilirubin number is still moving in the right direction. Since it's just a number, I'm not worried about it. Just a way to get him and her out of the house. ;)

He had another rough day today and I feel super lucky that he's resting now. I don't feel like it'll be too long now. He ate midnight and usually eats every 2 1/2 hours. It's 230 now. We'll see

I'm exhausted, can't focus on any one topic and have a 'CJ of the Day" to finish for tomorrow. I'm out.

Cya,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment