Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Answer is D

As I sit and watch Slumdog Millionaire, I'm very aware of Jamal going through his many hardships throughout and how it shapes his development. How each experience is useful towards the goal of staying on the show and obtaining 'that one thing'. How it's all about this girl. His whole life is all about this 'one'; all about a single focus. That his life has had a single purpose.
I believe each of us search for a single focus in our lives. That each of us experience life challenging and life changing events to help shape us into who we are right now; right this second. To help us obtain some reason that we're on this earth other than to just take up space.

I believe that I've found that focus. I've know it for years and while I only recently figured how how to utilize it in a professional manner, even the fact that I'm unable to practice my profession, speaks to how that is another experience that helps shape me en route to my final destination: Fatherhood.

See I have always wanted a family. I've always wanted to have a child. I've even said two but let's take it one at a time. I have to believe at this point, that this is certainly a final destination. It certainly ain't something I can walk away from, EVER. Not something I want to walk away from or would consider walking away from. It's my acceptance and pleasure to know that this is a responsibility like none other. We ain't 16 and pregnant!

Maybe I cheated.
Maybe I'm lucky.
Maybe I'm a genius.
Maybe it's destiny........Maybe, it was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment